Talk in English

Modérateur : Politburo

Répondre
kuzja
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

PC-1500 ROM subroutines

Message par kuzja »

I am a proud owner of Sharp PC-1500A and I decided to have some fun with the ML programming. Of course, as any other programmer, I'd like to save my work and re-use as much code as possible. So I tried to find information on the available ROM subroutines.

A great help were the pc1500.com webpages. There I found many useful links, and above all, the lhTools. I've found a couple of subroutines documented in the Technical Reference Manual, but apparently there were more subroutines, unfortunately undocumented.

I did a lot of googling but all the results lead more or less to the same places (pc1500.com, pc-1500.info, old computer magazines), and I wasn't able to find the necessary information. The best I could find was a series of unofficial (but valuable) articles published by the PCN (Pocket Computer Newsletter) in 1984, describing the internal structure of PC-1500 and also some of its ROM subroutines.

The information I have NOT found concerns the pre-defined SBR (aka VEJ or VMJ) instructions. These subroutines are used in several ML programming examples (like e.g. the ML code in the Sharpentiers No.5, pg.6), but I could not find any detailed explanation of what they do and how to use them.

You can find information on how the parameters are passed to the subroutines etc., but it seems to me as if it was assumed that the reader already knows what the subs do, what parameter they take etc...

At the same time, the lhTools assembler has a dedicated mnemonic to call (some of) these subroutines, so apparently these subroutines are used by those "who know".

So my question is, where can one find comprehensive information concerning the SBR() calls (or ROM subroutines in general) for PC-1500(A), if such information is available at all?

Thanks in advance.
Modifié en dernier par kuzja le 02 avr. 2021 22:06, modifié 1 fois.
cgh
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds

Re: PC-1500 ROM subroutines

Message par cgh »

I have some documentation about these routines, but they are in french.
Perhaps, I own some other in English, but I have to look for my archive.

I keep you updated.

Have fun with ML on the PC1500 :)
Il y a ceux qui voient les choses telles qu'elles sont et se demandent pourquoi, et il y a ceux qui imaginent les choses telles qu'elles pourraient être et se disent... pourquoi pas? - George Bernard Shaw
J'adore parler de rien, c'est le seul domaine où j'ai de vagues connaissances ! - Oscar Wilde
Ce n'est pas parce que les choses sont difficiles que nous n'osons pas. C'est parce que nous n'osons pas que les choses sont difficiles. - Sénèque
cgh
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds

Message par cgh »

This is true that only very poor information about the macros of the PC1500's ROM is available.
The only I own is a list of all the macros with the arguments inside the XMON documentation (and very small overview of some is described inside the REVUE DES SHARPENTIERS). These macros were used inside the ROM to parse the BASIC keywords arguments and some other jobs. So they are VERY USEFUL.

I propose to open a thread (note) about them to keep these informations available as part of big Story of the SHARP PC1500 :) :geek:

May the PC1500 be with you !
Il y a ceux qui voient les choses telles qu'elles sont et se demandent pourquoi, et il y a ceux qui imaginent les choses telles qu'elles pourraient être et se disent... pourquoi pas? - George Bernard Shaw
J'adore parler de rien, c'est le seul domaine où j'ai de vagues connaissances ! - Oscar Wilde
Ce n'est pas parce que les choses sont difficiles que nous n'osons pas. C'est parce que nous n'osons pas que les choses sont difficiles. - Sénèque
Pocket
Administrateur
Administrateur

Message par Pocket »

Pocket, voit tout, sait tout, lit l'avenir dans les entrailles d'une base phpBB ...
kuzja
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Message par kuzja »

Thanks for the information!
The new thread is exactly what I am looking for. :)
Répondre

Retourner vers « Silicium in English »