Casio FX-9000P

Je recherche. Tout et Rien, mais pas de petites annonces ici (pour les PA, c'est dans "Je donne, j'échange, j'achète et je vends")

Modérateur : Politburo

Répondre
Pocket
Administrateur
Administrateur

Re: Casio FX-9000P

Message par Pocket »

Salut,

Il m'en manque une, que tu as ;)

A+
Pocket, voit tout, sait tout, lit l'avenir dans les entrailles d'une base phpBB ...
amenjet
Fonctionne à 300 bauds
Fonctionne à 300 bauds

Message par amenjet »

I've just seen this listing on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224351396271

It shows the memory size being displayed when the command 'SIZE' is run. On my FX-9000P this gives an error,so I'm wondering how this FX-9000P has run what looks like a SIZE command. In the CA-BASIC manual it lists SIZE as a function not a command so it would have to be run like this:

PRINT SIZE

This works on my FX-9000P

Regards

Andrew
amenjet
Fonctionne à 300 bauds
Fonctionne à 300 bauds

Message par amenjet »

An update...

I have put a couple of videos about the FX9000P on Youtube:

https://youtu.be/7fAdx4_FgkY
https://youtu.be/IyR0JP0o_7U

A new PCB with the video RAM circuit is on its way (the first didn't work), and I have two new revisions of the RAM cartridge and the Pico cartridge. I tried the RAM cartridge this morning and there is a problem with it, and there were layout problems with the Pico cartridge V2.0 as well. I'm going to work on fixing those problems.

So, I have fixed my FX-9000P and I have some cartridges that work as well, but I have some more work to do to polish the designs...

I'm also adding information to the FX-9000P information repository here:

https://github.com/blackjetrock/fx9000-info

Andrew
Papalapa
Fonctionne à 300 bauds
Fonctionne à 300 bauds

Message par Papalapa »

amenjet a écrit : 05 mars 2023 10:44 I've just seen this listing on ebay:

It shows the memory size being displayed when the command 'SIZE' is run. On my FX-9000P this gives an error,so I'm wondering how this FX-9000P has run what looks like a SIZE command. In the CA-BASIC manual it lists SIZE as a function not a command so it would have to be run like this:

PRINT SIZE

Regards

Andrew
You can ask to @ledudu of this forum if do you want. Is he who sells this RAM cartridge :D
Papalapa
Fonctionne à 300 bauds
Fonctionne à 300 bauds

Message par Papalapa »

amenjet a écrit : 05 mars 2023 10:47 An update...

I have put a couple of videos about the FX9000P on Youtube:

https://youtu.be/7fAdx4_FgkY
https://youtu.be/IyR0JP0o_7U

A new PCB with the video RAM circuit is on its way (the first didn't work), and I have two new revisions of the RAM cartridge and the Pico cartridge. I tried the RAM cartridge this morning and there is a problem with it, and there were layout problems with the Pico cartridge V2.0 as well. I'm going to work on fixing those problems.

So, I have fixed my FX-9000P and I have some cartridges that work as well, but I have some more work to do to polish the designs...

I'm also adding information to the FX-9000P information repository here:

https://github.com/blackjetrock/fx9000-info

Andrew
Wow! congratulations Andrew, it looks great!
amenjet
Fonctionne à 300 bauds
Fonctionne à 300 bauds

Message par amenjet »

amenjet a écrit : 05 mars 2023 10:44 I've just seen this listing on ebay:

PRINT SIZE

Regards

Andrew
I think I've resolved this. You can type SIZE and then the COMP button and that evaluates the expression...

Andrew
amenjet
Fonctionne à 300 bauds
Fonctionne à 300 bauds

Message par amenjet »

I'm looking at another revision of my Pico cartridge for the FX9000P and have a question for any FX9000P owners out there who are interested. The cartridges in the FX9000P allow more than one cartridge to be inserted into the machine by using logic that passes unused memory map selection signals to pass through a cartridge to the slots on the right of itself. this allows a 4K cartridge to pass the signals needed for the remaining 28K of memory to be added by additional cartridges. As the Pico cartridge is able to be a size up to 32K, there's no need to have additional cartridges. So there's no need to have the 'pass-through' logic. At least I think that's true. Is there a reason why cartridges might be needed?

ROM cartridges are a slightly different beast as they can only go in slot 4 and the select signal for ROMs in slot 4 are hardwired to select 7. So, even with no passthrough logic a ROM card in slot 4 should still work. I should maybe test that.

So, the question is: Do I need to fit the passthrough logic on this cartridge?

Andrew
remy
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds

Message par remy »

Is it difficult to manage this feature ?
I imagine the Pico Memory cartridge to be configurable to any memory size (4K, 16K, ...).
So it can be usable with other original cartridges.
By this way it is possible to copy programs between cartridges.
PockEmul, Emulateur de pocket Sharp, Canon, Casio, HP, TI, NEC, Panasonic, Sanco, Seiko, General, National, ....
sur Windows, Linux, OS X et Android
Available now on the Google Play Store and the Apple Store
amenjet
Fonctionne à 300 bauds
Fonctionne à 300 bauds

Message par amenjet »

For the cartridge I did with a RAM chip it's not a problem. I used jumpers that set the select lines to pass through. The RAM cartridge has to be set up t be a particular size with solder links. On the Pico cartridge I have set it up so that the Pico can set the size of the cartridge it is emulating itself, so that could be specified on the SD card. The pass through signals also have to be set up and I have done that using logic. Unfortunately I also need to disable the pass though signals, which I didn't allow for on the latest revision of hardware. I can add that but it makes the logic more complicated. I can add that logic but I think it's easier to do the passthrough function with another Pico. So I just wanted to see if it was a useful feature and it looks like it is. I'll prototype a Pico version just to make sure I can get it working. Thanks for your feedback.

regards
Andrew
amenjet
Fonctionne à 300 bauds
Fonctionne à 300 bauds

Message par amenjet »

I've altered my prototype to use a third Pico which does the selection logic functions. I tried it yesterday and it worked, at least for the selection part. I've sent a V3 off to be made, this has three RP2040s on it to do the jobs that the Picos did. RP2040s are a lot smaller than the Picos and also give me more GPIOs that are needed for the 32K memory size. We'll see how well that works when it comes back from the manufacturer.

Andrew
austfox
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Message par austfox »

I apologise that I need to write in English but my French is very limited. I would like to say thanks to this forum. I came across it when I was looking at some YouTube videos on the FX-9000P, and reading it has taught me a lot.

Many years ago I had the chance to purchase an FX-9000P here in Australia for AUD $50 (Euro 31) and I didn't. I have regretted it ever since. I have a lot of Casio handheld computers, as well as the FP-200, so it would have been great to add to my collection. This was in 2014.

Today, almost 9 years later I have finally purchased one for AUD $314 (Euro 195), and it includes 4 RAM / ROM modules. It is not yet delivered so hopefully it arrives safely. It has been owned by one man for almost 40 years and looks to be in good condition. I am unsure if it turns on, but undoubtedly I will need to check the power supply before anything else.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/235030553868
Modifié en dernier par austfox le 07 juin 2023 03:20, modifié 1 fois.
Joscelyn
Fonctionne à 1200 bauds
Fonctionne à 1200 bauds

Message par Joscelyn »

Hi Austfox,

And welcome to the world's best resource for Casio FX-9000P computers :D
Here you will find a wealth of information unavailable anywhere else
Since we have been discovering it on the go throughout the years !

You got a veeery sweet deal on your FX-9000P, congratulations !
Plus, it is loaded with cartridges, some of which are very sought after
As a matter of fact, we have been trying for years to get hold of one of them, and you have two : the E-4K and the E-RFK. Wonderful !

I am however puzzled by the red and blue overlays pictured in the auction.
I do not recognize any of the keywords etched on them.
And the CP/M mention really looks out of place if they are intended for the FX-9000P
Please tell us more once you receive your unit.

Welcome to the forum, and to the FX-9000P Owners Club !
You will enjoy the stay ;)
Joscelyn
ImageImageImage ■■■ Image
Je cherche : lecteur 3,5" 720Ko / lecteur 5,25" 360Ko / Lecteur Casio FP-1021FD1 et une Casio FX-81 --> trouvée ! Thanks, Andrew :D
austfox
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Message par austfox »

Joscelyn a écrit : 06 juin 2023 15:19 As a matter of fact, we have been trying for years to get hold of one of them, and you have two : the E-4K and the E-RFK. Wonderful !
Thanks for the warm welcome Joscelyn.

My plan was to read the ROMs of these cartridges when I get them if anyone needed them, and I have already had a PM asking if I would be able to. I like very much the idea of preserving older computing technology (software, hardware, documentation) so that it lives on forever.

Australia manufactured it's own computer in the 80's called the Microbee. It too ran on a Z80, and luckily we have a loyal group of enthusiasts that have collected, scanned, and saved every bit of information and programs that are found for the Microbee.
austfox
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Message par austfox »

Good news... the Casio survived transport and arrived safely. It is in great cosmetic condition.

Also included were the operation manual and advertising brochure (which weren't mentioned in the eBay listing).
Fichiers joints
Casio FX-9000P Material.jpg
Casio FX-9000P Material.jpg (154.3 Kio) Vu 3779 fois
Joscelyn
Fonctionne à 1200 bauds
Fonctionne à 1200 bauds

Message par Joscelyn »

Hi austfox,

That's very good news !
Happy your FX-9000P survived the transport, after all these things are built like tanks :)
The manual and the brochure are a cool bonus indeed.
Only thing missing to fully use the FX-9000P is the reference manual.
But you will find it on Ledudu's site, it has been freshly scanned ;)

Thank you very much for thinking of dumping the Eprom cartridges for the sake of preservation.
They will definitely be useful once we regroup them with their respective manuals (we have found bits of them so far)
I am not surprised you received a PM in a matter of minutes haha :D

I have looked up the MicroBee you mentioned, very interesting computer I didn't know existed !
Even the Old-Computers.com website has no mention of it.
Do you have direct experience with the MicroBee as a user ?

Joscelyn
ImageImageImage ■■■ Image
Je cherche : lecteur 3,5" 720Ko / lecteur 5,25" 360Ko / Lecteur Casio FP-1021FD1 et une Casio FX-81 --> trouvée ! Thanks, Andrew :D
Répondre

Retourner vers « Recherche informations / technique / etc ... [pas de petites annonces ici] »