Hello everyone / salut à tous

Osez vous étaler sur la place publique, on adore. Mais LISEZ LE POST-IT avant de poster pour la première fois :-)

Modérateur : Politburo

rlucia
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Re: Hello everyone / salut à tous

Message par rlucia »

I see. It's not a disappointment. I like very much to find 'artistic' types in this community. I think 'you' and the 'scientists' are alike. After focusing much on technical issues for thirty years I finally (yes, I'm slow) realized that what I enjoy most about computers is the creative expression. I would not be here without that.

Regards!
Marge a écrit :Oi.

Somos homens. A escolha do apelido é pessoal; para mim, escolhi sem pensar que era feminino, só porque era óbvio: sou homem de letras no meio de homens de informática. Apesar disso, gosto muito da minha mãe. Moro no Brasil e sou francês. Até logo!
xave
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Message par xave »

Ho my god, I can't believe it! a woman who love computers, old computers... a geekette... :D
Welcome to you!
Where do you come from in Spain?
I remember the X-07, even if I never touched it. When I was a teenager, It was only a dream on a magazine... (my god i am such a geek... :mrgreen: )
Cheers.
EPSON HX20 - TANDY 102 - ZX81 - Minitel 5 - Minitel TTE315- Vectrex - MO5
http://xaviermercadal.wordpress.com/
Je cherche une ROM AZERTY pour mon Tandy 102
rlucia
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Message par rlucia »

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, we are not very many but we are here. I'm sure you know Jeri Ellsworth, or Quinn Dunki, or Limor Fried. (Naturally I'm not comparing myself to them...)

I live in Palma de Mallorca, in (surprisingly enough) the island of Mallorca :)

I very much like computers, they are a girl's best friend! My dream machine was not the X-07 but the DEC Rainbow 100, ah, two OSes, sexy case, wow. But the Canon tops all the geek factors in my opinion. I recently bought a NEC PC-8201A and I thought it was small like the Canon! I had never seen a photograph with a person in it for scale and I was shocked: the keyboard is nice but my dear X-07 cost half the NECs and the Epson portables, was half as big and had the best BASIC of the portables(1)

I like your blog. But may I make one suggestion: in your entry "Partage d’une clé RSA", when you cat the key to authorized_keys, maybe it's better to use >> instead of > or you'd destroy the contents every time...

I am lucky enough to have two X-07s that work (my father bought them in 1984) but I never had anything like the books that came two weeks ago with the 8201: all the machine code calls and the schematics and everything. Still the X-07 was a delight to use and I was the only one in the whole school who had one, all the other kids had Spectrums and MSX and they traded cassettes but if I wanted to do anything with it I had to program!

Then came an Amstrad CPC-6128 and later an ST1040. GEM was a piece of junk so when I discovered a Mac emulator I had a better Mac than a real Mac. Only the rich kids had Macs and I had one with 800 KB of RAM and the 640x400 paper-like SM124 monitor from Atari. I used it for years and then bought an LC475, my first real Mac and the last. After that I discovered Linux and the computer didn't matter much anymore.

Now I center on virtual machines, FreeBSD and running off-grid with Raspberry pis and beaglebards

Regards!

(1) I can of course prove it.
xave a écrit :Ho my god, I can't believe it! a woman who love computers, old computers... a geekette... :D
Welcome to you!
Where do you come from in Spain?
I remember the X-07, even if I never touched it. When I was a teenager, It was only a dream on a magazine... (my god i am such a geek... :mrgreen: )
Cheers.
Répondre

Retourner vers « Présentation »