Greetings from Andorra

Osez vous étaler sur la place publique, on adore. Mais LISEZ LE POST-IT avant de poster pour la première fois :-)

Modérateur : Politburo

WhatIsAMan
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Greetings from Andorra

Message par WhatIsAMan »

Greetings!

I am from Andorra, that small country in your southern border. I am sorry, but my French is rather poor. Our French teacher spoke of literally everything including UFOs (real story) during classtime instead of giving us French lessons. So unfortunately I'll be using English. :oops:

I am from the so-called new generations as when I was born the PC was already dominating the market and MS-DOS, Windows 95 and 98 were most of the operating systems to be found. Nevertheless, I am quite fond of old computers in general and own a variety of ancient systems including four PET/CBM systems (but only three complete), an AIM/65, two TA P2, one TA P3, a Victor 9000 and many, many more. I am currently repairing two of my PET machines and developing spares and upgrades for the P2. In the future, I'd like to open a small living museum.

The main reason which brought me here is the P2. While the German and Italian regional variations are to be found in decent numbers, most of the other regions have low counts or even no report at all. I was the first to find an Spanish P2 back in 2014 (or 2015, I don't remember exactly) and since I posted regularly about it other people were able to find them, for a total of 3 Spanish units (last one found only two weeks ago). As far as I know, no French unit survives to this day but maybe, with some information people may recognize it and find one. This deserves a proper thread but today is too late and dark to take good images.

Best regards!
rogeroge
Fonctionne à 9600 bauds
Fonctionne à 9600 bauds

Re: Greetings from Andorra

Message par rogeroge »

Bonne nuit & bienvenue !

J'espère que tu trouveras une réponse à tes recherches.
Il faut être fou pour venir sur ce site mais encore plus fou pour ne pas y revenir !
WhatIsAMan
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Message par WhatIsAMan »

rogeroge a écrit : 16 nov. 2020 00:50 Bonne nuit & bienvenue !

J'espère que tu trouveras une réponse à tes recherches.
Merci! :D
Marge
Fonctionne à 14400 bauds
Fonctionne à 14400 bauds

Message par Marge »

So, welcome!
But I don't believe you are so fluent in English and not able to align two words in French (tipically French here). Andorra is not Gibraltar!
3 hommes, 3 demis, un 3a... Magnéto, Serge !

Quelques-uns de mes petits programmes pour machines Hewlett-Packard :
15C : Knight's Tour ;
29C : (k-)Permutations, Combinations, Linear Regression and Pseudo-random number ;
34C : Hanoi Towers - Automatic & Manual resolutions ;
__: A L I E N .

« Boris », c'était juste Maurice enrhumé.
rogeroge
Fonctionne à 9600 bauds
Fonctionne à 9600 bauds

Message par rogeroge »

Autant que je me souvienne pour être retourné en 2016 en Andorre, les langues parlées
en Andorre sont le Catalan majoritairement puis l'Espagnol en second, le Français restant minoritaire.
Cependant le tourisme voit la langue française émerger mais avant tout la langue anglaise...

As far as I can remember being back in 2016 to Andorra, the languages spoken
in Andorra are the Catalan mainly then the Spaniard second, the French remaining in the minority.
However, tourism sees the emergence of the French language but above all the English language ...

Pel que recordo d’haver tornat el 2016 a Andorra, les llengües parlades
a Andorra hi ha el català principalment, després l'espanyol segon, els francesos romanen en minoria.
Tot i això, el turisme veu l’aparició de la llengua francesa però sobretot de l’anglès ... :lol:
Il faut être fou pour venir sur ce site mais encore plus fou pour ne pas y revenir !
Papalapa
Fonctionne à 300 bauds
Fonctionne à 300 bauds

Message par Papalapa »

Benvingut a Retrowiki 2.0 :D
Dom
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds

Message par Dom »

Welcome on board !
Moi, c'est les poquettes, et la Coll'à'Dom, c'est
WhatIsAMan
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Message par WhatIsAMan »

Marge a écrit : 16 nov. 2020 01:30 So, welcome!
But I don't believe you are so fluent in English and not able to align two words in French (tipically French here). Andorra is not Gibraltar!
Dear sir,

Of course, my country is not Gibraltar. If it was, then I could see the sea and there would be funny monkeys on the mountains. :mrgreen:

Jokes apart... no, French is losing territory there. The official language is Catalan which helped many people from Catalonia to come and settle. Virtually every single Catalan can understand and Speak Spanish so French is relegated to a distant third (or even fourth) position. There are however, zones where its population is predominantly French like L'Aldosa (La Massana) where French is used. Not much in the capital. Additionally, the country is included in the Spanish distribution zone which means the content in physical format (movies, books, video games) comes in Spanish rather than French; the same happens with projections at the cinema.

I am fluent in Catalan and Spanish. My English is not perfect but it's decent enough to be able to talk with you. I know how important is to learn foreign languages and customs and for this reason I'm running for my fourth and fifth languages which are Japanese and Deutsch respectively. I explain this not to seem cooler or anything like that but to explain that my use of English here doesn't mean a lack of interest in French. It's just learning two different languages at the same time is a great effort but three is unmanageable for the so-called "normal" people (like me). Of course, while not being able to write decent French my posts will be limited to the English zone of the forums. Reading posts by other members might prove to be a useful memory exercise.

Best Regards
Modifié en dernier par WhatIsAMan le 16 nov. 2020 13:52, modifié 2 fois.
WhatIsAMan
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Message par WhatIsAMan »

rogeroge a écrit : 16 nov. 2020 01:42 Autant que je me souvienne pour être retourné en 2016 en Andorre, les langues parlées
en Andorre sont le Catalan majoritairement puis l'Espagnol en second, le Français restant minoritaire.
Cependant le tourisme voit la langue française émerger mais avant tout la langue anglaise...

As far as I can remember being back in 2016 to Andorra, the languages spoken
in Andorra are the Catalan mainly then the Spaniard second, the French remaining in the minority.
However, tourism sees the emergence of the French language but above all the English language ...

Pel que recordo d’haver tornat el 2016 a Andorra, les llengües parlades
a Andorra hi ha el català principalment, després l'espanyol segon, els francesos romanen en minoria.
Tot i això, el turisme veu l’aparició de la llengua francesa però sobretot de l’anglès ... :lol:
Sad this forum doesn't have a "like" button because you would have one for explaining this... and for writng in my language! :D

Moltíssimes gràcies!
WhatIsAMan
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Message par WhatIsAMan »

Papalapa a écrit : 16 nov. 2020 08:48 Benvingut a Retrowiki 2.0 :D
El món és realment molt petit! Ja portem tres llocs en comú!
I sí, això sembla RW en un altre color, sense botó de "like" i en francès. :D
M'agrada.
WhatIsAMan
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Message par WhatIsAMan »

Dom a écrit : 16 nov. 2020 09:56 Welcome on board !
Merci! :D
rogeroge
Fonctionne à 9600 bauds
Fonctionne à 9600 bauds

Message par rogeroge »

WhatIsAMan a écrit : 16 nov. 2020 13:16
rogeroge a écrit : 16 nov. 2020 01:42 .........
Sad this forum doesn't have a "like" button because you would have one for explaining this... and for writng in my language! :D

Moltíssimes gràcies!
Estic fent servir Google per a la traducció "translate.google.com" 8) 8) 8)
torgamm
Fonctionne à 300 bauds
Fonctionne à 300 bauds

Message par torgamm »

Welcome :)
WhatIsAMan a écrit : 16 nov. 2020 13:14It's just learning two different languages at the same time is a great effort but three is unmanageable for the so-called "normal" people (like me).
Agreed!
After 20 years in Portugal, I worked in Barcelona during 2 years, and I also had to make a choice between Spanish and Catalan, I couldn't learn both at the same time!
I chose Spanish of course, and everybody was forgiving me because I was French :twisted:
I made efforts trying to understand Catalan (and I succeeded, I still can understand and read but not speak, except Bon dia, Fins ara, Gràcies i Adéu :lol:)
Utilisateur de pocket depuis 1979 (TI-57 puis 1981 FX-702P et 1982 PC-1500, encore et toujours ma machine de tous les jours
Ma petite collection Sharp Basic : PC-1212, -1261/62, -1350/60, -1475, -1500, -1600, -2500, -E500S, -G850V, IQ9000+CE101
Fondateur et éditeur de feu PocketPCFreeware.com (2001-2013)
epopy
Fonctionne à 1200 bauds
Fonctionne à 1200 bauds

Message par epopy »

Welcome to the forum !
Greetings from another small country (on the opposite end) (not Luxembourg).
mon site : epocalc
pir2
Fonctionne à 9600 bauds
Fonctionne à 9600 bauds

Message par pir2 »

Welcome
Répondre

Retourner vers « Présentation »