Photo d'un module OM-53B

Ici, on fait dans le petit, le LCD qui déchire sa race, on y cause même calculatrices quand on est en manque !

Modérateur : Politburo

Répondre
Dom
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds

Re: Photo d'un module OM-53B

Message par Dom »

La rom CASL, c'est si Pocket arrive à la dumper 😉.
Pour le Pascal, je pense que c'est la taille de l'eprom de la carte qui doit être doublée (à confirmer par Pocket).
Moi, c'est les poquettes, et la Coll'à'Dom, c'est
remy
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds

Message par remy »

Dom a écrit : 05 sept. 2020 13:48 La rom CASL, c'est si Pocket arrive à la dumper 😉.
Pour le Pascal, je pense que c'est la taille de l'eprom de la carte qui doit être doublée (à confirmer par Pocket).
J'ai implémenté dans PockEmul un module custom BASIC + CASL. Ce n'est pas le OM-54A mais un OM-53B + le portage du CASL du PB-1000C. Un super boulot de notre ami Piotr.
PockEmul, Emulateur de pocket Sharp, Canon, Casio, HP, TI, NEC, Panasonic, Sanco, Seiko, General, National, ....
sur Windows, Linux, OS X et Android
Available now on the Google Play Store and the Apple Store
Replycant
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Message par Replycant »

Hi all,

Thanks for restoring my account access goes to: "Pocket". ;-)

Since "Dom" wrote me a few days ago, I've been digging into my (too many) back-up drives and several storage boxes, and found most (I think all) the files, documents and some stuff related to this old project.

Good news findings:

- The ROM images for BASIC, PROLOG, the "C" for AI-1000 and LISP (yes, finnaly I also found LISP :-)

- The board file (.BRD) for PCB production. It was incomplete, but I updated it on Eagle-9 and now it is ready. The homemade prototypes shown in the pictures of some previous post are obviously not appropriate for a production, even a very short production run like this one deserves a professional, industry standard manufactured PCB.

Edit: Seems that my Dropbox link to the image does not work as expected... here you are anyhow:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w05spgxl0hu3q ... 9.jpg?dl=0

- A couple of spare 28F512 chips.

- The programmer!

- A friend of mine has agreed in a long term loan of his PB-2000C (it has some display problems, but it's fully functional)

Bad news:

- Didn't find any spare connectors and Digikey no longer have them as "active" part. Backorders are accepted but minimum quantity is 1000 pieces! with an estimate of 8 week supply delay... :-o I'm looking for alternatives, but this could take the whole project down... :-(

- The progrmmer requires a parallel port (which my current PC no longer has). I think however that this can be overcome and parallel interface boards are still available.

- Only three ROM's (four if you count "C" for the AI-1000) seems not a big offer. Should CASL or (and?) PASCAL become available, that will boost the interest since the whole range of options will then be covered.

Please feel free to share your comments and/ or suggestions.

Best regards from the Canary Islands.
Pocket
Administrateur
Administrateur

Message par Pocket »

Salut,

A ma connaissance, les cartes classiques (toutes sauf le Pascal) font 32Ko, le Pascal nécessite 64Ko de mémoire flash.

Pour les dumps (et la programmation) il faudrait trouver un connecteur mâle pour pouvoir faire un adaptateur et relire / flasher la carte sur un programmateur d'EPROM.
Si quelqu'un a des infos sur où trouver ce genre de connecteur, je suis preneur et je veux bien tenter de dumper le CASL (il faut aussi que je retrouve ou je l'ai rangé) :roll:

A+
Pocket, voit tout, sait tout, lit l'avenir dans les entrailles d'une base phpBB ...
Dom
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds

Message par Dom »

Glad to see you back, Replycant 😉.

An Idea : would it be possible to made a card with all roms ? With a hard switch for select the rom.

Une idée en passant (suite au post de Rémy) : ne pourrait-on pas faire une carte avec toutes les roms (Basic, C, Prolog, Casl, Lisp, Pascal), avec un switch permettant de passer d'une rom à l'autre ?
Il faudrait, bien sûr, une eprom de la taille correspondante...
ledudu
Fonctionne à 14400 bauds
Fonctionne à 14400 bauds

Message par ledudu »

Vous comprenez la même chose que moi ?
The computer can be programmed in the programming languages C (standard), BASIC and PROLOG (ROM switchable, no cards).
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/CASIO-PB-2000C- ... 0667.m2042
Dom
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds

Message par Dom »

ledudu a écrit : 05 sept. 2020 16:05 Vous comprenez la même chose que moi ?
The computer can be programmed in the programming languages C (standard), BASIC and PROLOG (ROM switchable, no cards).
Je le suis depuis le début et j'ai demandé au vendeur comment c'était goupillé.
Il l'a répondu : une eprom 64k avec les 2 roms Basic et Prolog flashées. Le tout soudé sur le rom card socket.
Il a ajouté des switchs dans le logement inutilisé de la ram (il a aussi soudé un 43256 pour monter à 64k de ram).
En fonction des switchs, c'est l'une des 3 roms qui est active...
Replycant
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Message par Replycant »

Hi there,

All the ROM files I have (dowloaded from Piotr's site) are 64K in size, and looking at their content, they have to be loaded into 64K chips. I mean they're not a 32K ROM dumped into a 64k file with a 32K empty space.

Quite likeky, CASL and PASCAL will follow this same scheme.

Althogh technically possible, intalling switches in these type of PCBs (0.8mm) is not as easy as it could seem, and can compromise the reliability of the card since they're not built to support mechanical stress. Even the small stress caused by the switching action may produce material fatigue and failure in the long term. Not advisable in my opinion.

Since the amount of this production run is so limited, this will of course have also a consequence in the final price, and will obligue users interested in just 1 or 2 cards to pay for the whole lot.

Regarding this modified PB-2000C, currently on auction, that includes BASIC & PROLOG ROMs internally installed. This can of course be done, again a switch or two must be intalled (and accessible). The body of the unit offers a better support to hlold the swithch(es) action.

Form the info "Dom" gathered seems that the Card slot in this unit has been rendered useless after the "upgrade"... not my style. :(

I always prefer to keep the original housing untuoched, but that's just my preference and others may differ.

BTW, if any CASL or PASCAL card(s) owner is willing to send me the card(s) I can extract the ROM(s) and, of course, return the card :D

No physical action is required, no need to open nor any other type "surgery", just software reading of the ROM through its own connector.

Best wishes.

Diego.
Dom
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds

Message par Dom »

Replycant a écrit : 05 sept. 2020 17:14 Form the info "Dom" gathered seems that the Card slot in this unit has been rendered useless after the "upgrade"... not my style. :(

I always prefer to keep the original housing untuoched, but that's just my preference and others may differ.
I agree with you.
Otherwise, I will share with you all the info the seller gave me. Maybe this can be useful ?...
cgh
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds

Message par cgh »

Si il y a un lot de cartes et qu'il faut plusieurs personnes pour un batch, je veux bien participer pour une carte LISP :geek: :)
Il y a ceux qui voient les choses telles qu'elles sont et se demandent pourquoi, et il y a ceux qui imaginent les choses telles qu'elles pourraient être et se disent... pourquoi pas? - George Bernard Shaw
J'adore parler de rien, c'est le seul domaine où j'ai de vagues connaissances ! - Oscar Wilde
Ce n'est pas parce que les choses sont difficiles que nous n'osons pas. C'est parce que nous n'osons pas que les choses sont difficiles. - Sénèque
Replycant
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Message par Replycant »

Hello,

Currently I'm waiting for some edge connectors I've ordered from an alternate source since they're no longer available from the previous provider (Digikey).

Also purchased some 28F512 Flash ROM's (from a provider in Germany) which are on their way to the Canary Islands.

And waiting for the CASL ROM image from a member here.

No references so far about the (possible?) availability of the PASCAL ROM.

With all this (and provided the connectors to be suitable for the board) I can have a small run (12/15 units) by end this month or early October.

Estimated cost 60Eur/card + Shippig (6.50Eur within Euro Zone, 14Eur overseas).

Will post here as the project advances in one way or another.

Best wishes and keep safe.

Diego Diaz
(www.clonix41.org)
Dom
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds

Message par Dom »

That's good news !
Thanks for the update, Diego !
We'll wait patiently 😉
Pocket
Administrateur
Administrateur

Message par Pocket »

Hello,

I will try to dump the CASL card using Piotr's software method (http://www.pisi.com.pl/piotr433/pb2000ye.htm).
In case of no success, I will buy a connector and wire wrap an adapter to read the memory with an Eprom reader.
Diego, can you post the reference of the edge connector you bought ?

I will probably be interested in 3 or 4 modules (2 assembled, and 1 or 2 unassembled)

Regards,
Pocket, voit tout, sait tout, lit l'avenir dans les entrailles d'une base phpBB ...
Replycant
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Message par Replycant »

Hi there,

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP ... dDiS-BJtDB

Picture of my adapter attached to a Willem programmer for ROM extraction. The whole process takes about 40sec.

I found these connectors on Aliexpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32717894388.html

Still waiting for delivery, to check if they are apropriate for the board. They also need to be trimmed by 5 positions but this shouldn't pose a big trouble in advance.

I'm afraid I do not sell DIY parts. All and every units I've built and sold since 2003 were assembled, tested and lifetime guaranteed.

Sorry about it and hope you'll understand.

Look forward to reading on your progress with Piotr's ROM extraction method.

Best regards.

Diego Diaz
(www.clonix41.org)
bernouilli92
Fonctionne à 14400 bauds
Fonctionne à 14400 bauds

Message par bernouilli92 »

Hello, I would be interested in one module (Lisp), either assembled or not.
HP, Casio, Sharp, Psion, quelques TI et divers autres
Répondre

Retourner vers « Tous les Pockets »